Friday, June 5, 2009

Bibik Chwee's Potato Chips


This is truly my favorite home-fried potato chips learned from my Mom, who was so very fondly known as the pretty, cute, short and fast-walking nyonya lady called Bibik Chwee wherever she went. She used to make this regularly during my school days and I loved it so much, especially the smell of turmeric! Now, I would fry 2-3 large potatos and eat them all by myself. It is so simple and delightfully Bibik Chwee's! Mom, you are so deeply missed and we all love you so very much!

Recipe:
2-3 potatoes, thinly sliced
1.5 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp salt

Mix turmeric and salt into potatos and let it 'soak' for 10-15 mins. Throw away access water. Heat enough oil in frying pan and fry the potatos till golden brown. Dry on absorbent kitchen towel.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I would like to make it one day. :)

    ReplyDelete