Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes With White Chocolate Frosting

In the mood for cupcakes this week, here's another wonderful recipe for those who love strawberries and white chocolate.



What you need:
1/4 pound butter
1 cup sugar (I had reduced mine to 3/4 cup)
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced

Cream together the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat well after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the flour to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix well, then add in the vanilla extract and strawberries. Bake the cupcakes in preheated oven at 150 deg C for about 25-30 mins or till skewer comes out clean.

For real 100% strawberry cupcakes, I had switched from using vanilla extract to LorAnn Gourmet highly concentrated strawberry flavoring. Just 4-5 drops are all you need to achieve a wonderful strawberry fragrance and taste. I personally feel that it is essential to use really good essence as some brands that are commonly found (here in Singapore) and which cost much cheaper can taste really awful, as if some sort of industrial chemical has been added into it. I had a bad experience with one such brand and vowed to never use it again as my cake had a really bitter chemical-like aftertaste. Here it is the LorAnn Gourmet flavoring that I really, really like...a lot! (at one glance, I thought it looks just like a product from Body Shop!huh!)



For the white chocolate topping, I used Valrhona White Ivory Feve. Melt some of the white chocolate in a double boiler. Spread the melted chocolate on the cupcakes and top it off with fresh strawberries.

15 comments:

  1. Your strawberry cupcakes look very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, are you still attending any bakery class lately? Lovely bake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, thanks for yr comment :D

    Little Space, after my puff pastry class, i had not sign up for any other baking classes. Feeling kinda lazy to attend and the other classes the school has at the moment do not interest:D. At first thought of attending the bread class, but too lazy to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and cheery looking. Thanks for visiting me, there are so many nice recipes on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delicious looking cupcakes! Great flavor!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... I have a friend who these would be just perfect for, and she's got a birthday coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cupcakes are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so delicious! I love strawberry cupcakes...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone, for your comments ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I wish more people would take time to say hello and introduce themselves. I love to get comments and it is always exciting to meet a new blog friend.

    I looked at both of your blogs. They are both great. I've enjoyed looking at all the lovely picture of places you have visited on your travel blog.... and these recipes sound wonderful.
    Please come back and visit me again. I will be checking in with you as well.
    Thanks again for dropping by.
    Have a great day, Grammy Lura

    ReplyDelete
  11. your strawberry cuppie look great and rich!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grammy Staffy & My Asian Kitchen, thank you and it's nice of you for visiting my blog too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strawberries and white chocolate are two of my favorite combinations. Next time you make this make sure to send some here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Yours is great too! So much of Nyonya Peranakan food and recipes! I wish I could try it all... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog! I am in love with yours, too - I should never, ever read it while hungry! And your strawberry cupcakes look like perfection. =)

    ReplyDelete