Saturday, July 31, 2010

Rose Shape Tri-Flavor/Color Marble Cake


Bundt pans have definitely made a huge comeback. And they have certainly returned with a vengeance, I'd say! Bundt pans now come in various shapes and designs to suit almost every occasion. I just love Nordic Ware bundt pans and if only I could own one of each design. Now, wouldn't that be bliss?! Sad thing is, they are quite expensive to buy for folks who are earning in pathetic Malaysian Ringgit like me. I actually bought this gorgeous Nordic Ware rose bundt pan more than a year ago when I was still living in Singapore. I first saw it on Amazon but I wasn't able to order it as there was some kind of restrictions on overseas online purchase for this beauty at that time. Then one fine day, I stumbled upon it at a baking supply shop in Singapore and I know I just got to have it! Period! This beauty is made of cast iron and is non-stick. My cake came out perfectly well-baked and beautifully even too. And no, I'm not doing any promo for Nordic Ware, just that I absolutely love this pan and I'm sure all of you avid bakers would too. :)

Needless to say that the real star here is the pan but the recipe for this marble cake is worth highlighting too. So here it is...



Tri-Flavor & Tri-Colour Marble Cake (adapted & revised from The Australian Women's Weekly's "Marbled Choc Mud Cake")

250g butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups cater sugar
3 eggs
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk



Beat butter, extract and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just well combined.
Stir in sifted flour and buttermilk, in two batches.
Divide cake batter into 3 portions. Flavor 1 portion with 1 teaspoon strawberry essence & tinge of red or pink coloring, the 2nd portion with half teaspoon peppermint essence and tinge of green coloring and the last portion with 20g cocoa powder. You can do your own combination of flavors/colors.
Layer the pan with strawberry batter first, then the peppermint one and ending on top with the cocoa batter. Bake in 160 deg C until cake is done.




Have a great day, all!

24 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful! Perfectly done! It really matches your pretty serving plate! Ahum.... any extras?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joslynn, your cake looks so beautiful and rosey! Has totally lifted me up!

    Hey, hope you're doing great! I miss shopping online. Got to do this a lot when I was in the States. Not anymore. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a big fan of bundt pans. I bought all of 3 of mine from US. In addition to being expensive, I find that they are also rather bulky to store... Your multi colour cake looks very intriguing - the first I have seen for bundts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your marble effect cake,beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joslynn, I am totally gonna buy this rose mould bundt cake pan. Your tri colour rose cake is so lovely! Great idea to actually replicate a rose so nicely. ;) Envy! Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful. I've been wanting to buy a mould like this for a long time. Now I am even more tempted.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I repeat myslef? Your are an ARTIST!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh..this is beautiful, love the tri colors. I've a bundt pan with different design but I used only once (http://anncoo.blogspot.com/2009/11/swirl-cake.html).

    ReplyDelete
  9. The most prettiest marble cake I've ever seen. It's amazing how simple the ingredients are :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful marble bundt cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful cake...love the tri colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful...a flower cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow..i'm impressed..not only it looked beautiful but looked yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my god... I love this beautiful rose pan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your cake looks very pretty in the real literal meaning, both outside and inside!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joslynn..you are so creative. So pretty and I wish I have a rose pan like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome cake! The rose pan is a beauty but so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just would like to ask you what's the price for this mould. Saw from Amazon UK that it's 33.95 sterling pounds, no idea whether it's inclusive or exclusive of freight charges.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Cheah, I bought this pan in Singapore, a shop called Chong Trading at Adelphi. It costs me SDG95. For Amazon, I think freight charges are additional.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jos, great to see you back in baking & cooking again! It's been a long long time since your last baked. The tray is beautiful and so is the cake. Great job!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cake is so pretty... too pretty to be eaten!!! very creative, good job...

    ReplyDelete
  22. We offer fair prices on Marble Floor Cleaning Miami so you don’t have to do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete